Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gotta love art history


I've been reading The Annotated Mona Lisa because I'm doing a little Renaissance history, and found that Michelangelo was quite the character:
"His wit could be cruel, as when he was asked why the ox in another artist's painting was so much more convincing than other elements. 'Every painter,' Michelangelo said, 'does a good self-portrait.'"
NICE. Oh, and then there's this one about Leonardo da Vinci:
"He died at the age of 67 in France, where he had been summoned by Francis I for the sole duty of conversing with the king."
That's an original job. Now, I know plenty of people I'd pay not to talk........

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love how you've been posting more often! Sorry I haven't been a very faithful commenter. This post is funny! I'm not sure I get the second one though. He died when he was supposed to be talking to the king?
    Right now I am eating the most disgusting BLT sandwich. I'm considering throwing it away before anyone sees. ha!
    So for some reason this morning I was weirdly inspired to write a blog post so I sat down and wrote a huge long one! So go read it. It probably has a billion spelling mistakes because I didn't have time to read it over. lol
    So I hope you are having a great school day! Better than me anyway. Why does the time go by so fast? I feel like I don't even get a chance to stop and catch my breath before the day is all over and I feel like a failure....do you ever feel like that or do I need time management lessons? hmmm.
    I'll see you tomorrow morning! Bright and early! And this time I'll hopefully be on time with no pesky police officers taking forever to write out a stupid ticket. haha! ttyl...

    ReplyDelete