Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

That college tuition being put to good work

My friend Bethany and I are in art history together, and we've decided we're going to write our own art history book. Unlike most tomes gracing the halls of academia with their presence, this magnum opus would be the fun textbook. Of course, we would include such timeless advice such as "It's all about the drapery" or "They're not naked, they're nude," but we would mainly focus on blessing the world with our "unique and peppery analysis" as one advance reviewer put it.

Anyways, now that I'm looking at art with the eyes of an author, I'm finally seeing all the classic archtypes that had never come to my attention before this class. Like photobombing ("Paintingbombing" just doesn't have the same ring to it).

A few examples, for now.....

Everyone else is distraught, and this guy is just chilling, slightly bored, in the corner

That facial expression is gold.
"No really bro, I think I made it into the painting!"

It's a photobomb flash mob




No comments:

Post a Comment