Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Junto Update

Maddie and I, after discovering that the probability of our finishing a fiction Junto book was higher than that of a non-fiction one, have decided we're going to read another novel this time around. After much deliberation, we're going to do Quo Vadis by Henrik Sienkiewicz. In English, don't worry. ;-)

Here's what I know of the plot (the majority of which was found on the back of the book and Wikipedia....I know, I have great researching skills): A Roman patrician (aristocrat) falls in love with a Christian woman durring the Neronian persecutions. Apparently Peter & Paul make appearances too. I have no idea about anything else, except that there is a very strong pro-Christian theme. So all in all, from what I know, this book sounds marvelous! At least, I think so......the fact that it takes place in Rome grabbed me at the beginning. My friends have learned to dread the moment that Greece or Rome may come up in a conversation.......I have a slight obsession with the topic. Oh well. Thanks Maddie for putting up with me!


Well, I've gotta run, so sorry for a short post. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment