Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October




  1. I said last week that we'd be starting Wives and Daughters on Monday, but Maddie is taking a break from blogging for a couple weeks, so we're postponing it till the 25th. It works out this way, anyways, because I've been catching up on some stuff and wouldn't have had time to read the chapters.
  2. Right now all the trees are brilliant, as you can see in the above photos. Autumn is definitely my favorite season, the only bad thing about it is that it doesn't last longer! I'm trying to enjoy it all while I can.
  3. The aforesaid blogging break of Maddie's is part of a no-social-media challenge we at our homeschool co-op agreed to do, as we're reading Do Hard Things together. Well, obviously, I'm still blogging, but we're all refraining from Facebook, email, IM, etc., etc. Facebook is totally overrated in my opinion, but it's still hard to resist the urge to stalk interact with the people I know. Today was the first time I've written an actual letter to someone in a really long time. I've forgotten how fun letters are!
  4. Yesterday, I turned 17. Most of the aforesaid homeschool group meets on Tuesday nights for a Bible study, and they totally surprised me with an Italian dinner (my favorite food!) and cupcakes (courtesy of Maddie :-). It was definitely one of those birthdays you don't forget. God has blessed me with great friends.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, then I guess you didn't see my birthday greeting on your facebook wall. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete