Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

5 Things

  1. Tomorrow is John Calvin's 500th birthday. I'm celebrating by reading my Institutes.

  2. This post over at Sacred Sandwich hits drolly close to home.

  3. Listen to this podcast of R.C. Sproul. Out of all the modern day theologians, he's probably my favorite. Each time I read/hear something from him, I walk away learning something new and seeing the things he addresses in a different light.

  4. Maddie and I are once again switching Junto books. (I know, I know. We're hopeless.) This time we're going to do Glenn Beck's Common Sense. We'll probably go back to Animal Farm later on. Maybe this time we'll finish it. :-)

  5. Congratulations to my 3 readers for sticking with me to this, the 100th post on my blog. Huzzah. You survived my semi-coherent posts like this one. And by the looks of it, I have too. *grin*

1 comment:

  1. I've thoroughly enjoyed all 100 posts, Sarah, and I hope you and Maddie finally make it through a book LOL. :) Here's a cool quote about John Calvin...

    "The strength of that heritic [Calvin] consisted in this, that money never had the slightest charm for him. If I had such servants my dominion would extend from sea to sea." -- Pope Pius IV

    ReplyDelete