Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Love to God

"If my father were weeping on his knees before me, my mother hanging on my neck behind me, my brethren sisters and kinsfolk howling on every side to retain me in a sinful course, I would fling my mother to the ground, run over my father, despise all my kindred, and tread them under my feet that I might run unto Christ."

- St. Jerome

"Let us test our godliness by this touchstone: Do we love God? Is he our treasure and center? Can we, with David, call God our "joy", yes, our "exceeding joy" (Psalm 43:4)? Do we delight in drawing near to him, and "come before his presence with singing"? (Psalm 100:2) Do we love him for his beauty more than his jewels? Do we love him, when he seems not to love us?"

- Thomas Watson

"He loves but little who tells how much he loves."

- John Boys

"We are never nearer Christ than when we find ourselves lost in a holy amazement at His unspeakable love."

- John Owen
How much do you love Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment