Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Miscellanies

1. Sorry for the shortage in posting. My computer had a nasty virus that took my dad a while to fix. Usually I'm really paranoid about that kind of a thing....I have no clue how I got it. All you Mac users, no PC hating, please. ;-)

2. This one only Maddie & I will enjoy, so humor me. Then again, how could the title of this article NOT make you want to read it? "20 Awesomely Untranslatable Words from Around the World."

3. When I was little, I was obsessed with Cinderella. When I say obsessed, I mean it. And you know what is cruel? At that time, my beloved Disney version of the movie was in the "Vault" as they call it, so I was never able to get a VHS of it till I was older. It was the great sorrow of my early childhood. I made up for it by raiding my library of all the different literary versions of the story they had. So today, I found a book on Google Books which has 345 variants of the story! Is that even possible??

4. I sort of love this Monet picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment