Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Miscellanies

  1. I'm not a grammar nerd, but I have been taught to live in horror of the dreaded 'dangling participle.' It made my day when I found the aforesaid grammar error in my grammar textbook:
    "Although her collaborator was deceased, the Nobel Prize Committee promptly excepted its rule and awarded Dr. Yallow the undeniably prestigious Nobel Prize for Medicine."
    Hahahahahhaha. 
  2. I was curious, so I counted all the Facebook statuses (stati?) I posted in 2010. The total? The devastatingly huge number of 12. I am so addicted, I know.
  3. Apparently there is another Jane Eyre movie coming out in March. It looks slightly incredible. I like how the poster doesn't have the stuffy look most "bonnet dramas" seem to have:
  4. I read A Midsummer Night's Dream a week or two ago. Boy, the last act is hilarious! Shakespeare isn't as hard as I was afraid he would be. Don't you love those revelations? :-)
  5. I did an epic cleaning of my room last week, and I found the beginning of a little story I tried writing when I was in middle school. It's all about the incidents that a group of kids in a tiny church got into. Each character is a thinly disguised version of everyone who was at my own church at the time, and just about everything that went on in the story actually happened. It was pretty awesome reading it and being reminded of the fun times I had back in the day. So there's my commercial in support of cleaning - you never know what you may find. Ha.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment