Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I continue in existence

Lilacs & Apple (?) Blossoms from the backyard

The last month was rather crazy, so sorry for depriving you of the unmatched wit and profundity that has come to be such an attribute of this blog.....I decided to do the humane thing and post again before life begins to lose all meaning. [snort]

Right now I don't really feel like droning on and on about all the news-related things that have happened that I normally would have blogged about, so I will just list them here and say I was excited about them:
  • The Royal Wedding (I might post an encomium on that wedding dress, ha)
  • The demise of Bin Laden
  • The rapture-that-gives-"secret"-a-whole-new-meaning-because-we-didn't-even-notice-it-happening
  • Earth Day (haha, just threw that in there to see if you were paying attention)
My computer was broken for the past several weeks, so I was forced to find other ways to amuse myself rather than stalking people on Facebook or reading Wikipedia (or delighting you with my writing). I got a lot of reading done, and now live in horror of spending as much time on the computer as I used to. It's pathetic how much of your day you can waste on here. BLAH.

Sunday felt like an example of what God intended the Lord's Day to be like. I learned new things in Sunday School and the fellowship was great (as it always is), but what stood out most was the classic eerie feeling that the sermon was aimed directly at myself. (I love how God uses sermons to address something in our lives exactly when we need to hear it most.) Anyways, it was exactly like when Christian goes to the Palace Beautiful. I love my church.

Yesterday, I started planning out my school schedule for next year. It's rather sad and weird to think it's the last time I'll be doing that. I always looked at seniors as these adult, enlightened beings, so it seems wrong to think that's what I'll be this year as I am clearly neither of the two. Ha.

Hope you're having a great spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment