Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

One of THOSE past few months


May was crazy. In fact, so crazy that I don't even remember what went on in it.

Then, on the 2nd, oh, you know, I graduated......

I didn't want to post an awkward picture of
just me, so Maddie, I hope you like this one too

No big deal.

I've been trying to keep the church library in order:

Lookinggg gooood

It doesn't currently look like that, but it might as well.

The highlight of my spring was reading the first volume of Iain Murray's biography of Martyn Lloyd-Jones. It's become one of my all time favorite books. Lloyd-Jones had an interesting enough life as it is, but on top of that, the biography is full of spiritual insight which made it an unforgettable read. I plan on starting volume 2 this week, and am sure it will be just as good, if not better than the first. It will be interesting to see how his ministry was used in WW2. I HIGHLY recommend this book!

I also just finished reading Under the Tuscan Sun, because as I am too poor to go to Italy, I might as well do the next best thing and read about it. Good grief, half the book was about all the food they ate and I think I gained five pounds just reading it. Maybe I'll try the sequel....we'll see

The comic at the top is not only cute, I've also found it to be very true. My dad's illness has gotten worse in the past few months, and I don't know what I would do without the knowledge I have of God to ground me. I remember posting the beginning of the first question/answer of the Heidelberg Catchesim a while ago, but recently they have taken on a much deeper, more experiential meaning:
Q. What is your only comfort in life and in death?
A. That I am not my own, but belong - body and soul, in life and in death - to my faithful savior Jesus Christ.

     He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven: in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.

     Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to serve him. 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment