Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Not that I'm counting or anything

However, if I were, I'd write a blog post about how there are 22 days separating me from England.  Sandwiched amongst the pre-European festivities is a trip to Florida to visit my aunt. Between the two of these excursions, I plan on missing the majority of the new and improved polar vortex the Weatherman is threatening us with again.

Last night, my genial coworker asked whether I'd started packing yet. To this, I indulged in a laugh with a maniacal edge to it and replied that I was happy I had just done my laundry. Having thrown 75 pages of papers at yours truly, the semester has been brutal. It began with me incredulously remarking that I had nothing to do, and ended with me running into the living room where my sister sat, proclaiming for all the world to hear: "I AM A WRITING GODDESS!!!"

Anyways, the reality that I am going to be gone in three weeks is hitting me. I have my plane ticket, an over-zealous itinerary of places to visit, and a church to attend. My bank has been told that imminent transactions in Europe are just me trying to buy myself some groceries, OK?!?! Today, I went to the store and stocked up on all the random stuff I'll need to bring along. Can't survive without those socks. I think I've had a master packing list since at least last spring. Actually buying the stuff on there made this trip start to sink in.

These are the classes I'm signed up to take:
  • Philosophy of Religion (God's attributes, prayer, eternal life)
  • Pauline Epistles
  • The Early Church
  • Explorations in Literature (basically a western survey)
  • Christianity and the Arts (THERE ARE FIELD TRIPS)
Soooooo excited.

I've had two people recommend visiting a service at King's College Chapel. The choir is beautiful. The chapel is beautiful. This whole semester is just going to be one long case of aesthetic over-stimulus.

HOW DO YOU EVEN CONCENTRATE???
And that's about all I have to say at this point. The countdown continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment