Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Does anybody get this??

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests they are about to die.

Matsuo Basho, a Japanese poet guy
I was delighted with this saying on the daily literary quote gadget on my iGoogle. Hmmm....I'm sorry, this is like those paintings that are entirely white with a tiny dot in the corner. Why bother?

While I'm at it......why does every techno-gadget thing have to have "i" in front of it? iLaptop, iClock, iShock Collar....

I tell you, I'm a person from at least 200 years ago stuck in the 21st century.

3 comments:

  1. Ok well I know cicadas are nasty little bugs that make a terrible sound so maybe it means that the cry of cicadas means they are hungry or want to mate or whatever. And about the "i" thing... I can't think of anything witty to say to that one. (although i could hardly call my first answer witty) haha -Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Sarah, we are both strangers in this land, reincarnated from another era...just joking, no, I don't believe in reincarnation. :) But I know what you mean.
    I think everything is "iGoogle" "iPod" because we are very self-centered and narcissistic in this culture. It is truly, all about "me" and the sad thing is, people feel proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Its also an example about how the follow-the-leader mentality doesn't just end after childhood. Only, when you grow up, they call it plagiarism. :D

    What?? No reincarnation? And here we always thought that perhaps our cat was Nero reincarnated.....I guess we'll have to come up with a new explanation for his...uh...behavior

    ReplyDelete