Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What I did today

No, nothing exciting. But some of the ordinary stuff was sort of funny.

Lately there's been a warm spell around here, so my mom and I have been trying to go walking each morning. Well, today was a cold, rainy day (welcome to spring in WI ), so we decided to expand our horizons: We joined the mall walkers. Boy, was that an experience. We walked in, confident but slightly concerned that it might not be as big of a work out because there aren't any hills and stuff. But then reality set in. The place was full of power walkers! Ten minutes into it, mom and I, forced to walk faster than we usually do, were about to fall over. And then we saw some senior citizens, with a walker booking it in front of us! Yeah, so we only made it around 2 1/2 times, suffering and thoroughly humiliated. ;-)

Later on, I was reading The Year 1000 for school, and I came across this:
There was no concept of antiseptic at all. If a morsel of food fell off your plate, the advice of one contemporary document was to pick it up, make the sign of the cross over it, season it well - and then eat it.

The sign of the cross was the antiseptic of the year 1000.
Oh my goodness. I knew nobody knew about germs, but that they were that "earthy"? No wonder people died at 30!

Then, after church, we went to Walmart. In the check-out line, Mary spotted this:


You saw it right. I think this one doesn't require comment. Sorry if the picture's blurry - I was laughing too hard to keep the camera steady.

Today was interesting.

2 comments:

  1. HA! sounds like you had a fun day! I love how you and your mom went mall walking! and only at walmart would they have "diet spray". that's TOO funny!!!
    also- email me asap about final plans for Friday, k? love, Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL well, I was surprised that even Walmart would stoop that low. I wish I would have read the label to see exactly how it works - if you just spray their "special formula" on your arm, you'll magically loose 10 pounds??? Weird stuff.

    p.s. Check your email.

    ReplyDelete