Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

In which I contemplate my little-ness

 

So I'm supposed to be writing a paper on the American Revolution right now, but somehow I got sidetracked and found myself looking at pictures from the Hubble. The one above, "Ultra-Deep Field," apparently depicts 10,000 galaxies. 10,000 GALAXIES. CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE THAT???
 
And then it hit me that the God who made THAT is so invested in my life that not only does He daily sustain it, He also died for me so that I don't end up getting what I deserve....I get infinitely better. Me, who wouldn't show up on this picture if you zoomed in a million* times, because we are looking at entire GALAXIES here. You know when you have those moments when your brain shuts down because it can't deal with the information you just threw at it? Yeah.

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
(Psalm 8:3-4)

-----
*I have no idea if this is true, it's just the liberal arts major talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment