Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

4 Things

  1. My uncle has been staying with us for the past few days, and introduced us to Blokus. Oh my (not) goodness. I'm irreversibly addicted. Who knew that connecting a bunch of random shapes of squares together could be so entertainingly strategic? Ahhhhhhhh......
  2. Speaking of epiphanies, the other day I was hanging out on Wikipedia (yeah, yeah, I know, it's up there with reading the dictionary.....which I'm also a culprit of), and to my utter joy, I discovered IT IS AVAILABLE IN LATIN. Then I looked and, behold, Wiktionary, Wikisource, Wikiquote, etc. etc. were the same! It was nearly too much excitement for me to handle at once. Despite my -300 vocabulary count of Latin words, it's pretty fun to go through all the articles pretending you understand what's being said. See, nerds do have fun. :-)
  3. These look like some pretty cool notebooks. When I finally make it to Europe, I'm definitely going to bring one along! The whole concept of a city guide combined with a travel journal strikes me as indisputably brilliant.
  4. A week ago my pastor preached a great sermon on a topic you rarely hear about these days in most churches - the necessity of  being wary of false christs. Perversions of Christianity are incredibly more dangerous than false religions because it's hard to detect them. They're like rat poison - 99% of it is food, but the remaining 1% is pernicious and toxic enough to destroy you. We really do have to be "as shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment